Saturday 27 April 2013

Another Good One.

And so another successful weekend of singing and entertaining comes to a happy end. I do love it when I'm busy doing what I love doing for a living.

I'm just in from entertaining a wonderful multicultural crowd at Dromoland Castle in the county of Clare. (A pal of mine is a landowner nearby!)

At functions such as the one tonight I usually sing for about three hours, maybe more. If the crowd is with me I don't want to stop. The spirit is high on such nights.

And now, here in the quiet of home, late at night, or should I say early in the morning, I have a nightcap before retiring. And on rising I will take meself & herself away off to Galway for a couple of days of R&R.

Goodnight all, and remember, keep singing. 

6 comments:

  1. I love getting home after a gig in the wee small hours and having a nightcap. Glad your weekend is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis good to see you are happy singing for a living, it takes a lot of practice singing and tearing ticket stubs for the queuing punters waiting to get in to see the musical acts. Does the wee monkey clanging the cymbals get excited when the tin cup gets full?

    You have a pal that owns land eh? Was he no the fella that took himself off and upset an Englshman a while back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a well deserved day off...and Herself deserves it for being so kind to share you with the world. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey; It WAS a good weekend, and the R&R was equally good. Hope you are keeping well! :¬)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chef; Yep, that landowner has a terrible habit of upsetting the English! :¬)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope; We had a very fine wee break! :¬)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete