Wednesday 9 April 2014

Giants

How technology moves on... One can write and publish a post from the phone, on the toilet (I'm not!) if one likes.

Went to my pub of choice with my second biggest pal (Paul, the plumber) tonight. I haven't laughed so much in yonks! We're as bad as each other. I'm happy to have friends with taste as bad as mine. They mostly seem to be big, tall, and of celtic origin. Go figure!
I like my friends, and my life, right now. Thank you'se all for being here, just when and where I want you. Especially you big guys with yer shoulders, the 'leaning on' kind. :-)

10 comments:

  1. Christopher Hitchens said that the problem with adulthood is that you can't make any new old friends.The plumber is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Plumber was a guitar slinger in one of my first bands more than thirty years ago. We lost contact for a while when he moved to your beloved NYC. He moved back here about fifteen years ago and lives just around the corner. We always leave the pub in good form. :-)

      Delete
  2. The friend who can make you laugh when you want to cry is worth more than gold. The kind with big shoulders he/she lets you lean on are saints! (I'm sure that the Big Guy you hang with might question that term, but it applies when connected to friendship).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope said it for me - without the saint bit:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, don't think Himself would like that particular moniker. ;-)

      Delete
  4. my favorite line from the movie, "devil in a blue dress" happens at the end when easy rawlins is seated on his front porch with his friend laughing and having a beer and then, the you hear the voice over...in the end, all you have is your friends... cheers, bubba! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth missus?! ;-)

      Xoxoxoxox

      Delete
  5. What about little women?????!!! We can be very friendly too ;-)
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I've heard, but I take most of Chef's tales with a pinch of salt. ;-)

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I try to add a post on my ipad the friggin side bar disappears down the bottom of the page so I'm not so impressed with technology so far.

    ReplyDelete